Thursday, April 3, 2008

Windy Wild Day

We had to go out in the wild weather yesterday, to Melbourne - if I'd had a choice I would have stayed home and bunked down.
Thankfully I didn't have to be behind the wheel, but this was the visiblity along the highway
At times it got worse. . .
And we dropped in on a friend, and 3 doors from her house, this tree had come down onto a house. It was quite a scary day to be out, and most of the traffic lights were down. I was glad to get home last night and tuck up in my bed.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG! GO BACK HOME! STAY INSIDE! GET TO THE BUNKER.......
It looks like twister weather. Glad you got home safely and your friends house is ok too.

trash said...

Wow! Nasty! But did it bring rain?

picciolo said...

I hope the people in the house were ok? I'm glad you got back safely. to think I was moaning about a bit of drizzle yesterday here in the uk!
: )

Locket Pocket said...

Your weather looks horrible - I'm not surprised you were glad to be safely home.

Jenny said...

OMG!!!!What is going on with our weather!!!! Glad you were safe.

Needled Mom said...

That visability is really poor. Was it just dust or smoke or what? Glad that you got home safely.

Annie said...

It was just a crazy day and the dust was something I had not seen down south before. I wished we hadn't been out in it, but was really glad to get home safely.

Bren said...

We were sorry to have missed your visit, but loved the beautiful Flower Garden card you left. The storm brought not much rain, but lots of mayhem, including 48 hours without electricity. Last night we had marshmellows toased on candlelight. The tree has been moved from the house 2 doors down, and life is slowly returning to normal. Gives us some minute idea of what people go through after a cyclone.

Leanne said...

Glad you got home safely - we had some wild and wooly weather also but not a lot of rain. I would have been a basket case even as a passenger in those terrible conditions.